There are many different stages of life, and your needs change with each stage. Whether you’re purchasing a new home or a new car, different things are important at different stages of your life. For example, if you’re struggling to make ends meet, a clunker may be what you’re driving!! Maybe you’re a 20-something, fresh out of college and you just landed that hot new dream job — you might want to celebrate your success and splurge on a brand new sports car. If you’re a new mom or dad, you might be in the market for a family car.
There are so many options when it comes to cars and car dealerships so when you’re in the buying market make sure you consider these things.
- Do your homework!! Research websites like cars.com. Here you can check out various makes and models before you even set foot into a dealership or used car lot. A new vehicle is a great investment and something we don’t purchase often, so shop around, compare prices and get the most bang for your buck!!
- Is there enough storage space? Is there enough room for a stroller or maybe a port-a-crib if you’re visiting grandma for the weekend?
- Is the vehicle car seat friendly? ANY parent will agree it’s much easier to get a car seat in and out of a four door vehicle than a two door!! If you’re not certain if you installed it correctly, get a car seat check!!
- Can and will this vehicle grow with your family? A lot of families car pool with friends so be sure there are enough seats and space to comfortably and safely get everyone back and forth to school, practice, etc.
- Is your dream vehicle within your budget? NOBODY wants to be “car poor” so be sure your new car is one you can afford not only today but in the future. Make sure you take into consideration the cost of insurance, gas, etc. as well.
- Be sure to consider the terrain and weather in your neck of the woods. If you live somewhere were it snows a lot a SUV or four-wheel/all-wheel drive vehicle may be more practical than a convertible for example!!
Follow these simple tips and you will be sure to find the perfect vehicle that you and your family will love for years to come!