I love ALL THINGS CHOCOLATE, and brownies are no exception.
I could eat brownies every day of my life and be perfectly content with doing that.
If you like sweet and salty combinations, this recipe is for you!
The fudgy brownie base is chocolately, the caramel smooth and the salt is well, salty.
No wonder this is Alli’s new favorite brownie recipe!!
- 3/4 c. flour
- 1 c. sugar
- 3/4 c. unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 c. packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Approximately 20 caramel candies
- 1 tsp. coarse sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, sugar, brown sugar, cocoa, and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, combine butter, eggs and vanilla.
- Add butter mixture to flour mixture and stir to combine.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan.
- Caramel Sauce: Unwrap caramels and place in microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for one minute, and then 10 minute increments until the caramel is easily whisked. Drizzle over top of brownies.
- Bake 15 - 18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean (DO NOT over bake). Cool in pan on a wire rack. Sprinkle with sea salt.